1. Don’t be so hard on yourself! If you are offering lashes at a discounted price because you are a either a beginner or working on your speed, then that is enough. Breathe through the hard times. Believe me, they aren’t over. Stay positive and set goals!
2. Choose 3-5 people you give discounts to. Giving discounts out to everyone is a slippery slope and can get out of hand. Giving your mom, mother-in-law and your eight sisters/sister-in-laws can add up to a lot of money and time on your end.
3. Have a set cancelation/no show policy in place before you get a huge clientele. I get it, stuff happens. I am single mom and sometimes my sitters just don’t end up working out like I had planned and hoped for. BUT if someone repeatedly no shows you or cancels day of, charge them a fee. People need to learn to respect your time just like you should respect their time.
4. Take care of yourself. This one is has been the hardest one for me and probably will always be. (it is the momma bear in me). If you can’t afford it, then look for someone to trade with. (massage therapist, nail girl, hair girl) the great thing about our industry is you have a valuable skill that people want and is great for trading!
5. My last tip would be to never stop learning! The beauty industry is forever evolving and I love it. I have taken countless lash courses and I learn something new every single time. You would be amazed what you can learn from following people on social media and youtube! ***Every Friday at 4:00 pm Lash Essential does a Insta Live – they give great tips on ever aspect of your business!