There are many reasons clients might need their eyelash extensions removed, and it is our responsibility to know how to use an adhesive remover properly! Our adhesive remover is a gel based remover that breaks down the adhesive. The gel consistency lowers the risk of it getting into your client’s eyes. It is very important to be cautious while performing this service, so here are some instructions and tips to safely remove eyelash extensions.
1. Place under eye pads on your client as if you were applying lashes to protect the skin.
2. Use two micro-swabs with a small amount of remover and gently stroke each lash extension on the top and bottom.
3. Allow the remover to sit for 3-10 minutes and use a clean micro-swab or lash wand to brush away the loose extensions.
4. Rinse thoroughly with water or wipes and make sure all excess remover is gone before instructing your client to open their eyes.
1. Perform the service with your client sitting up rather than laying down—this lowers the chance of remover running.
2. Remind your client to keep their eyes shut tightly throughout the whole service.
3. Remove the eyelash extensions one eye at a time.
4. Have water or a wet wash cloth on hand in case your client experiences any discomfort.
5. It is okay to re-apply after the initial brush if there are any leftover extensions.
Using the proper product makes removing eyelash extensions simple! I recommend always having an adhesive remover on hand in order to be prepared for any situation.